Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

28 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 > »    

Reply to this topic

MAD, MAVERICK DRILLING & EXPLORATION LIMITED
davo22
post Posted: Mar 14 2012, 06:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Mar 12 2012, 07:27 PM

References to Santos and Woodside I think really need to be put in context overall given their total 2P equivalents in reserves are in the billions as I remember it?

The reference was based around MAD potentially having the largest oil/liquids reserves, not the largest market cap.

On a BOE basis MAD currently has around 5% of the reserves of of a WPL/STO, which would be somewhere in the 10-15% on an inground value due to those companies being around 90% gas. MAD currently trades at approx $4.80bo, WPL $16boe, STO $10boe, in effect a 75%+ discount to STO. Based on our acreage it is possible MAD could triple their reserves over the next 18months, all of a sudden you end up with 30%+ of reserves inground value. Yes our reserves are very long life but so to would the gas reserves of those 2 companys. WPLs market cap is currently 96x, STO 44x the market cap of MADs for what may shortly only be 3x the inground reserve value. Clearly I do not believe MAD is the next STO WPL in the near future but it makes the case for a significantly rising shareprice...
At $3 per share and 200mmbo 2p MAD, WPL would trade at 24x, STO 11x the market cap of MAD when they have less than 3X the reserves.
Should cover the lower production/revenue per dollar of market cap especially when you take into consideration MADs stronger growth profile...
Cheers

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nifty49  noosaman  treviso  

flower
post Posted: Mar 13 2012, 07:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Mar 12 2012, 07:45 PM

but by the way its now shaping up, another big run may be in the offing. http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01277638

And what do you know, 24hrs later we have lift off!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

farmer fred
post Posted: Mar 13 2012, 04:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: makindo's post @ Mar 13 2012, 04:20 PM

Saw that report yesterday but didnt see much new in it.

However they did say it was for institutional investors who were visiting this week, so maybe they were impressed with the operations over there. If thats the case should see more buying pressure tomorrow.

makindo
post Posted: Mar 13 2012, 04:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: farmer fred's post @ Mar 13 2012, 03:43 PM

They did have a presentation yesterday at the Houston Institutional Investor Presentation.
Excellent report submitted, clearly indicating their production, exploration reserves etc. See report on their website.

farmer fred
post Posted: Mar 13 2012, 03:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nifty49's post @ Mar 13 2012, 03:36 PM

Hi Nifty

When this one moves it moves a long way. No news I can see, probably get a please explain from the ASX .
Only need one more day like today and we'll be over the $ mark.
Amazing lift in the matchup at close, encouraging for tomorrow.
Cheers ff

nifty49
post Posted: Mar 13 2012, 03:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: farmer fred's post @ Mar 12 2012, 08:36 PM

Farmer Fred

There were some substantial buys today. Bit of a stampede. The story is getting out!

Very nice close @ 87.5.

Plenty of interest so more to come?

Nifty

farmer fred
post Posted: Mar 12 2012, 08:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Mar 12 2012, 08:16 PM

Hi flower,
The oil is conventional oil, so no fraccing required. Very cheap wells to drill, only about $240,000 per well, they usually have an average of about 6 productive zones. They start of with the lowest which takes on average 3 years to drain, then rework the well to produce from the next zone up for a cost of about $15 to $20,000 and so on. Payback about 6 months.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

flower
post Posted: Mar 12 2012, 08:16 PM
  Quote Post

Having downloaded the whole of MAD's presentation in Houston, I cannot see whether their operation is a strictly "normal" type of oil exploration/production play, or does it involve "fraccing"---anybody got any direct email details for MAD's management in Houston? Thanks in advance.

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Mar 12 2012, 07:45 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: treviso's post @ Mar 11 2012, 08:25 AM

A few of my favourite quotes, hopefully the company will post the full interview on their website

This ASX release may be what you are looking for, dont forget its had a hell of a run, but by the way its now shaping up, another big run may be in the offing. http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01277638

Thanks for posting about MAD, since hold some SUR stock. which as far as I can work out is now conentrating on much the same operation in the US, obviously I need to pay much closer attention to the obvious potential for enormous SP rises, if MAD can do it presumably so can SUR.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

mme
post Posted: Mar 12 2012, 07:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: treviso's post @ Mar 11 2012, 08:25 AM

References to Santos and Woodside I think really need to be put in context overall given their total 2P equivalents in reserves are in the billions as I remember it? Please correct me if I'm wrong? biggrin.gif

28 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING