Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Important Notice For All Members - ShareScene Is Moving

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Oilers - General, Research, Drilling Activity, Markets
mullokintyre
post Posted: Aug 18 2018, 10:10 PM
  Quote Post

i note that. John Campbell has resurrected Oil and Gas Weekly.
This used to be a great source of info and I made some good trades following him.
I would reccomend his weekly to anyone wanting a no bullshit expose to oil and gas.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 18 2018, 10:11 AM
  Quote Post

Matt Canavan threatens to revoke Bass Strait retention leases over gas production

Federal Energy Minister Matt Canavan has threatened to revoke offshore retention leases in Bass Strait to force more gas into production under the government’s “use-it-or-lose-it” powers.

Senator Canavan today said he had commissioned the National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator to review the value of offshore south east Australian petroleum titles to see if some fields not currently being developed should be brought into production.

If the review determines there are commercially viable resources, the power exists to revoke the retention leases, which some gas fields have previously been granted because they were previously deemed not ready for commercial production.

“In that case, the titleholder can then be required to apply for a production licence or to surrender the area, in which case it will become vacant acreage and be available for re-release,” Senator Canavan said.

The release threatens to revoke offshore retention leases, which are given to fields deemed not commercially viable at the time, that have not yet come to the end of their five-year term.

“The Australian Government is committed to developing offshore petroleum resources as early as possible,” he said. “Re-evaluating the commercial viability of retention leases in the Victorian and Tasmanian offshore areas will determine if there are resources that could be brought into production.”

Retention leases are granted for five years for fields deemed uneconomic at the time but with a reasonable prospect of being a granted a production licence down the track. When they expire, owners can either apply for a production licence, apply for retention lease renewal, or give up the lease.

If a renewal is applied for, Federal and state energy ministers may reject it on the grounds the field is ready for commercial production, and telling the leaseholder to apply for a production licence or exit the lease to make way from someone who will.

There are 10 retention leases in Victorian and Tasmanian offshore waters, two of which are currently expired. Cooper Energy and Beach Energy hold most of the leases.

The Gippsland Basin joint venture between Exxon Mobil and BHP hold two of these. These include the South East Remora field retention lease, which expired in February last year, with Exxon applying for another five-year retention lease.

Senator Canavan and his Victorian counterpart Tim Pallas are yet to decide whether to strip the field from the resources giants or grant them the requested development delay.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 3 2014, 08:53 AM
  Quote Post

Oil drilling slowdown to last 12-18 months: Maersk

The current slowdown in offshore oil and gas drilling will last 12 to 18 months, and the market for rigs will rebound in 2015, Maersk Drilling said, providing a more optimistic forecast than other drilling firms.

Oil companies are only delaying projects, Claus Hemmingsen, the chief executive of Maersk Drilling, a unit of Danish shipping conglomerate A.P. Moller-Maersk, told Reuters on Friday.

"I would rather call it a short-term softness than anything dramatic," Hemmingsen said in a telephone interview. "We see postponements, not cancellations, and I think that distinction is important."

Activity in the deep waters off West Africa and Brazil will suffer the most, he said. "There's two regions when you talk about deep water that stand out - that is West Africa and Brazil."

Other drilling companies have warned that the market could be slow for the next two years as oil majors delay projects and cut capital expenditure to save cash for dividends, while drilling companies add new vessels, creating overcapacity.

Analysts expect oil and gas capital spending to rise by 4-6 per cent this year, a big drop from years of double-digit growth as the biggest offshore drillers such as Shell, Chevron and Statoil cut their budgets the most.

Transocean, which owns the world's biggest drilling fleet, predicted on Thursday it would take 18 to 24 months for demand to recover. Seadrill, the world's biggest offshore driller by market capitalisation, warned this week that the sector would slow over the next two years.

But Hemmingsen foresaw that the dip in the market would last for 12 to 18 months. "I actually think it's (going to be) shorter, because I see some activity and interest," he said.

"We'll see the market returning to a strong balance of supply and demand," Hemmingsen said. "These projects that are being postponed will come back. In 2015 and beyond, we'll see the market continuously on the strong side."

Hemmingsen said Maersk, which take delivery of six new rigs this year, will need several more units to meet its 2018 target for a $US1 billion net profit but that no newbuild orders were imminent.

Reuters

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

salts
post Posted: Jan 9 2008, 05:16 PM
  Quote Post

BUR may be a good one. biggrin.gif
They are currently down a lot in sp, although they have been bringing in some great results icon13.gif
BUR have wells that are all producing good amounts of gas-Jet 3 (recent drill) has been briefly tested as part of an initial clean-up phase, involving expelling drilling fluids while the testing crew adjusts controls and equipment. Gas flows of 10.8 million cubic feet per day (MMCFD) through a 26/64” choke were recorded, with flowing pressures continuing to build during this operation.

BUR are brining lots of money per year!!!!! Marlin 1 is soon to be drilled king.gif
If you have a look at the figures of the money they are bringing in you will see what i mean...atm the sp looks like good value to me.

dyor, not advise just information,
salts (son)

shasta
post Posted: Jan 8 2008, 07:58 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: bermuda on Tuesday 08/01/08 07:39pm

Like Aroon - i am following AOE & LNG closely, i think LNG will go great in 2009

Holding OEL & like SXP, LNC, NXS, PSA & BOW

OEL & SXP to do great things in 2008 & ESI as a roughie

bermuda
post Posted: Jan 8 2008, 07:39 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: rickhb on Tuesday 08/01/08 02:11pm

If you have a close look at what VPE has on the go for 2008 you will hit the buy button.

Carnarvon-1 will cement VPE as a big potential CBM player .

This opportunity isnt going to last long.

aroon
post Posted: Jan 8 2008, 05:10 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: rickhb on Tuesday 08/01/08 02:11pm

rickhb.. Cash is king good thinking,
Reading the posts it would seem there are many who have not heeded sell sigs and sit and sit with sideways or worse dropping shares, I see stocks being ramped with hopless charts It is hard to bite the bullet and sell especially when there is a small loss then the loss gets bigger and it gets harder and harder to sell. When as you say cash is king to await another day.
Since 21jan 2007 VPE has and still is in steady decline, that is a year when money could have been invested so many times in other possibilities yet .....
For me a buy signal is just the start of a long process before a stock is purchased and a sell sig is acted on with out emotion thats how I earn my living.
On my system SAU and NWE (positive trend line reversal 27/12/07) are both holds
Of the stocks in my post for today
down and so out.. CEY, CUE, AOE, SEA(no Vol), STU
Still in LNG (no vol but in an up trend) PDN good vol, VPE stuck?
aroon

rickhb
post Posted: Jan 8 2008, 02:11 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: aroon on Tuesday 08/01/08 08:36am

aroon,
Under normal circumstances I would like VPE & SEA but these are not normal times and it will require a good announcement to get me to invest in a particular share. Holding SAU & NWE in these sectors and now we wait and see. I think this market will continue to deteriorate until a major shift. My betting is down. Keeping my powder dry for now. My SMSF has a majority gold. Boring but so far it is the best of my holdings over the last 6 months.

albion
post Posted: Jan 8 2008, 08:21 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: aroon on Tuesday 08/01/08 07:36am

OK lets look at the CBM players.AOE market cap $1,603,000m and QGC $2,411,000 and then we have VPE one of the most exciting new entries into the CBM game with two successful wells so far market cap $27m. Therefore I rest my case on the possible future gains that could be ahead for VPE during 2008. Dont take my word for it just check out the BOW/VPE recent announcements.

aroon
post Posted: Jan 8 2008, 07:36 AM
  Quote Post

Tech traders
Because of rise in Oil/fuel price buy sigs in this sector have risen, some but not all are;
If sp rise today on

CEY 4.96 stop 4.80 Target 5.29
PDN 6.75 St 6.59 Tar 7.45 then 9.35
VPE* 0.14 St 0.13 Tar 0.163/0.1848
CUE* 0.225 St 0.22/0.21 Tar 0.24/0.27
AOE* 2.53 St 2.40 Tar 3.00
SEA 0.50 St 0.40 Tar 0.68
STU 1.12 St 1.07 Tar 1.21/1.36
LNG 0.83 St0.79 Tar 0.93

* = Prefer
Fundermentals not checked at this stage
Comments plse
In this scared and volitile market it is becoming hard to find rising/trending stock that dont drop again after one or two days, tight stops may help but there is no one answer other than not trade or paper trade until XAO changes to an upward direction

aroon

Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all my comments as speculation

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING