Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Important Notice For All Members - ShareScene Is Moving

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Forthcoming dividend details: ex-dividend date, Ex Dividend Discussion
nipper
post Posted: Sep 20 2018, 01:55 PM
  Quote Post

Dividends remain in vogue. In fact more companies have chosen to pay out a dividend for the year to June than in the previous reporting period to February.

Of the ASX 200 companies reporting for the 2018 year to June, around 90 per cent of firms elected to pay a dividend, up from the long-term average of 86 per cent, although down from the record levels of 91-92 per cent recorded in the 2015 and 2016 full-year results.

In other words, companies continue to seek a balance between rewarding shareholders and ploughing money back into their operations.

Over the period from July to October, around $28.5 billion will be paid to shareholders as dividends. In fact in the week ending September 28, dividends totalling $12.5 billion will be paid to shareholders.

A year ago dividend payouts were around $26 billion, so it is clear that shareholders continue to be well rewarded.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

arty
post Posted: Jul 29 2014, 09:31 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 24 2014, 01:52 PM

Pace is slowly picking up again:
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Divi29_07_14.gif ( 101.61K ) Number of downloads: 22

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Jun 24 2014, 01:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 24 2014, 01:09 PM

... or download now from my website:

http://rettmer.com.au/TrinityHome/Xamples/ExDivJun2014.xls

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wolverine  

arty
post Posted: Jun 24 2014, 01:09 PM
  Quote Post

Run to the Finish Line:

Attached File  ExDivJun2014.gif ( 159.67K ) Number of downloads: 28

sorry, Forum won't let me upload the full spreadsheet. I can email it if anyone is interested. PM me.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Mar 12 2014, 10:26 AM
  Quote Post

this week's crop:

Attached File  exdiv_12_03_14.gif ( 125.57K ) Number of downloads: 49

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Dec 20 2013, 12:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Oct 8 2013, 10:57 AM

Heaps of dividends and distributions coming up this Monday for New Year's Eve Record Date.

Attached File  Dividends_23_12_13.gif ( 154.3K ) Number of downloads: 42

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Oct 8 2013, 10:57 AM
  Quote Post

Since I found the list of all ASX-listed companies: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/listedCompanies.do
I've run the ex-div scanner over the lot, omitting only those stocks that haven't paid a dividend for over 3 years.

Attached File  ExDiv_07_10_13.jpg ( 461.96K ) Number of downloads: 44

--------------------

mrbear
post Posted: Sep 11 2013, 09:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: falko's post @ Sep 11 2013, 02:42 PM

Falko,I have boq,wbc,anz,wes,on your list but I notice you do not include nab which in my view is probably the strongest bank stock for growth.

I have a heap of cba from a cost base of 47 bucks but they are at all time highs even though I think they have a lot left in them there is others with more appeal.

Why not throw a few amm for a growth.

I think we are seeing the consolidation of the market ready to move to another level,maybe 500 points higher over the next 6 months,time will tell,cheers mrbear

Said 'Thanks' for this post: falko  

falko
post Posted: Sep 11 2013, 02:42 PM
  Quote Post

Hi to all dividend and growth investors,
As of this week the Asx 200 (XJO) has been showing signs of a breakout above the congestion around the 5200 area, or to put it another way a breakout above the resistance offered by the 50% recovery mark from the GFC ie 5000 to 5200.
This to my small way of thinking represents a significant milestone and gives me enough faith in a full recovery that I feel compelled to unlock some cash and try for some double digit earnings on investments rather than the poor rates paid at the moment on IBDs.
Below is a list of stocks I have under perusal in my persuit of the holy double digit return.
BOQ CBA DJS GUD IAG MTS MND QBE RFG SWM TTS TLS WBC ANZ WES WOW
As one can see some of these are a bit dicey but pay better dividends whilst others are safe but will not provide double digits in a fit.
My question to the good people out there is simply do they have any pet dividend payers (XJO or even top 300) they think should be included in any list of potential investments.

TIA

falko
Attached File(s)
Attached File  _xjo_ax05jan07_to_17jan14.png ( 9.81K ) Number of downloads: 30

--------------------
Happiness now, is knowing, understanding and accepting your path to the future even as we travell that path at the very moment.
Falko.

arty
post Posted: Sep 10 2013, 03:26 PM
  Quote Post

better include this explanation here:

There is a difference between the usually quoted Franking %, which can be anything from unfranked to fully franked (0 to 100%), and the taxation rate %. For Australia, the latter is (currently) a fixed Corporate tax rate of 30%. That means, every $70 dividend you receive carries a $30 Franking Credit. Under certain conditions, the Tax Office will then add $100 (the sum of $70+$30) to your taxable income and credit you with $30 tax already paid.

Examples:

MGX's dividend is fully franked, as the profits from which it's paid have been taxed at the Company Tax rate of 30%.
Let's say you own 35,000 MGX, from which you receive $700 dividend. At the end of FY 2013/14, that will add $1,000 to our annual income, $300 of which will then be deemed to have been already paid as income tax.
If your marginal tax rate is less than 30%, the net effect will leave you even better off because the Taxman will add part or all of those $300 to your tax refund.

Some dividends are only partly franked; for example, CPU's recent 14c divi was franked at only 20% because only one fifth of its profit has been earned and taxed in Australia; the bulk came from Overseas and remained untaxed by our ATO. That does not mean the tax rate was 20%, but only 20% of the dividend (i.e. 2.8c) have been taxed at the 30% Corporate tax rate, which leaves you 1.2c as Franking Credit. So, if you had 5,000 CPU, paying $700 dividend, only $60 would be considered additional income and pre-paid tax.

--------------------

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING