Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

mac vs pc
wolverine
post Posted: Nov 10 2011, 08:55 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: floyd's post @ Nov 10 2011, 08:38 AM

Ms Wolv has an I Mac and an Ipad, she loves them. The apple laptops are poisonously expensive IMO so if you are going this way I for similar money buy these two machines and it will do more a piddly little apple laptop.

I use Iress so it is a no-brainer for me to stick with cheaper pc's.

--------------------
I AM THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

floyd
post Posted: Nov 10 2011, 08:38 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Nov 9 2011, 10:03 PM

thanks for the replies, more food for thought... certainly am thinking about heading in the mac direction

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Nov 9 2011, 10:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: floyd's post @ Nov 9 2011, 02:43 PM

Just to add a bit to Mork's reply.

Have had Macs forever and love them. Got a fairly new Macbook Pro and also a brand new Desktop, both brilliant. The new "mouse" is magic.

There are some severe limitations though in software availability. Webiress ( as mentioned) is out, as are many stock/share programs. Incredible Charts is another that isn't supported by the Mac platform.

I'd have a careful check of what programs you want and see if they have Mac versions available.

Cheers
J

Said 'Thanks' for this post: floyd  

Mork
post Posted: Nov 9 2011, 09:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: floyd's post @ Nov 9 2011, 02:43 PM

Hi Floyd,

I did the switch a couple of years ago. In that time i've found the Mac to be incredibly stable with no lock ups etc and i'm 99% sure its a much more secure machine for use over the internet. It generally feels like its much better made than any pc i've ever used.

However a Mac won't run webiress for trading (at least with my provider).

And surprisingly MS excel/word etc software doesn't seem to be as easy to use on a Mac as PC versions.

The apple supplied keyboard is average for typing, and the supplied mouse is below average imo to use, though both continue to work reliably.

Hope this is of some help.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: floyd  

floyd
post Posted: Nov 9 2011, 02:43 PM
  Quote Post

my pc got fried in a lightning strike and since have been using the wifes macbook pro until insurance pays out... im getting to quite like it and am thinking about getting an imac instead of going back to windows. anyone else gone from pc to mac and how did you find the conversion..

i know this is a delicate subject with some people

thanks in advance

--------------------

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING