Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

34 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 > »    

Reply to this topic

RIA, RIALTO ENERGY LIMITED
flower
post Posted: Feb 22 2012, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

SPP shares allotted, and quoted to day. Unfortunately was very slightly scaled back due to oversubscription, no complaints though since as a result of the SPP am currently up 28%.

Next SP catalyst will be the rig arrival.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01270927
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

flower
post Posted: Feb 16 2012, 02:16 PM
  Quote Post

RIA holders: Apparantly RIA have 5 undeveloped oil/gas fields in it's C1-202 block of leases, and furthermore 10 offshore wells are due to be drilled in the next 12 months in the Cote d'Ivoire by varying international companies, one of which is Tullow Oil, which auger well for international focus on all the players-don't forget RIA plan to get listed on London's AIM market during the next 10 months.

Trading in the SPP shares start next Wednesday, be nice if we did not get scaled down. SP holding up very nicely, oil prices strong.

Any further news on the rig ETA of arrival?

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Feb 13 2012, 03:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Feb 11 2012, 11:10 AM

GG---lot's of quality red over the weekend, James Morrison did his Motown act, over half the Leeuwin main concert remained behind till midnight rocking away to a really fabulous outfit!

SPP cheques presented and cashed, and as long as I don't get averaged down am up 33% before the word rig is even mentioned!

5 minute intraday chart enclosed.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Feb 11 2012, 11:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: garryg's post @ Feb 11 2012, 10:43 AM

Maybe I'm too conservative (too conservative yet playing junior oil explorers...now there is an interesting psychological reflection???)
I'm going for the ultimate, which I surely will miss!---becomming free carried!

Enjoy a red over the weekend
That is a given, since we have the usual 2 evening big bash for the corporate movers and shakers in the annual Leeuwin concert, not too keen on the main act, but will go anywhere (nearly) to get a live dose of James Morrison and his fabulous big band in a truly breathtaking vineyard setting complete with a backdrop of majestic trees and kookaburra's who usually join in!

--------------------

garryg
post Posted: Feb 11 2012, 10:43 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Brierley's post @ Feb 10 2012, 08:11 PM

Hi Brierley & Flower,

Interesting to read your reflections upon the way investors/traders will play RIA.

I guess it is no secret that I almost always play the BESBS (or early stages as the drill bit goes down). In this case, that is my intention for RIA as well. If the discovery is wonderful, one can always re-enter based upon that SP and risk-reward analysis at the time if one sees fit. While RIA is more of a development project than wildcat, nothing in this game is a '100% sure thing'. You never lose money taking a profit.

Maybe I'm too conservative (too conservative yet playing junior oil explorers...now there is an interesting psychological reflection???)

Enjoy a red over the weekend.

G

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Brierley  

Brierley
post Posted: Feb 10 2012, 08:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Feb 10 2012, 07:43 PM

B: I imagine the bulk of players will sell before any drilling results are known, "buy the rumour--sell the fact"---so any development difficulties come into the next phase of punters attention, IMO the very best profits of "making the company" are made from the above approach---ie phase 1 which we are now in.

Yes, that's my strategy as well.

flower
post Posted: Feb 10 2012, 07:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Brierley's post @ Feb 10 2012, 07:20 PM

B: I imagine the bulk of players will sell before any drilling results are known, "buy the rumour--sell the fact"---so any development difficulties come into the next phase of punters attention, IMO the very best profits of "making the company" are made from the above approach---ie phase 1 which we are now in.

--------------------

Brierley
post Posted: Feb 10 2012, 07:20 PM
  Quote Post

Reading between the lines of the many broker reports on RIA's website, there's some vague references to the possible complexity of the target reservoir at Gazelle. This could lead to a more complicated development design.

The most recent transaction valued the 2C contingent resources at $1.70/bbl
That was when RIA bought 21.25% of C1-202 from CLNR in 2010 for cash and scrip.

http://www.rialtoenergy.com/index.php?opti...ownload&cid[]=96

$1.70/bbl for 2C contingent resources is quite cheap so perhaps the POS is not such a slam dunk as some people think.

Anyway, just a couple of non bullish points in the back of my mind.

flower
post Posted: Feb 10 2012, 05:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: garryg's post @ Feb 10 2012, 03:57 PM

G: Presume you know that RIA was the invention of Ted Jacobson when it was incorporated in 2005--in fact looking back at the first annual report makes very interesting reading: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=00663662.

Of course Ted has had decades of putting things together and running highly successfull companies, I hope he has retained a nice holding in this his brainchild, I bookmarked it way back then when we discussed RIA after an annual CVN meeting.

Of course the other thing that Ted did (which nobody is paying the remotest attention to YET) was acquire for virtually nothing during the GFC the Phoenix lease for CVN in the Carnarvon basin, the similarity exists in that both leases contain hydrocarbons already, but both have to be proved up and then made commercial by developing them, this was his original format in Thailand when CVN was born, in other words find an asset with KNOWN potential and then set about proving that asset up. Same set up when he formed TAP--I have been a very early shareholder in all 3 and a founder member in the TAP IPO.

I'm glad to hold now hold RIA and CVN--in fact TAP now looks an interesting proposition again.

My problem will be staying aboard RIA during the inevitable run up which has just started, imagine the depth screen will tell the "when to sell" story just before spudding.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: garryg  

garryg
post Posted: Feb 10 2012, 03:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Feb 9 2012, 07:02 PM

Hi Flower,

I can't be sure on the drill starting but given the current information around, I'd think all is fine. Even if they get to site, by the time they start it will be lucky to pre-date the SPP shares trading. Remember, in very recent times, (I think of CUE), traders were happy to climb on baodr as the drill bit goes down. This was also the case when MMR drilled. I think the psychology of this RIA will be similar. Therefore, even if the SPP shares start trading marginally after spud, it won't matter. I suspect that SP momentum will rise well into the drill.

I haven't worried about working out my new entry price until I know that we will get our full allocations. I have access to 3 private accounts (through family) so need to be sure that we get 100% . Just a quick calculation, I'd think my entry would be around 28c if I got everything.

Time to get a calculator out!

Your comment was one of the truest comments I have heard for a while: "tell you what thus is somewhat better then retreating from the market into 4% interest only situations--opportunities abound if you stay awake!"

Have a great weekend.
Cheers,

G

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

34 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING