Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Important Notice For All Members - ShareScene Is Moving

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NTU, NORTHERN MINERALS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Nov 30 2018, 08:06 AM
  Quote Post

still listed, market cap all of $70mill, S/P bouncing along the bottom at 6c, despite:
It is called dysprosium and it's set to play a big part in the future of the world. The rare earth is a key ingredient for emerging technologies and is used in magnets for electric vehicles.

It can be found in Western Australia and [in July 2017] Australia's first ''heavy rare earths mine'' was officially opened at a remote site south-east of Halls Creek, just 6 kilometres from the WA-Northern Territory border.

Known as Browns Range, the $56 million pilot project was officially opened by Western Australian Premier Mark McGowan. Mr McGowan said the mine was the first of its kind outside China and was a "wonderful opportunity" for the state
https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-07-2...project/8741416

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mercury
post Posted: Jul 11 2013, 02:26 PM
  Quote Post

Anybody follow NTU?

I see that it may soon be called "China Conglin Resources" biggrin.gif But really, a smart bunch.

NTU appears to have a good future providing a need for Heavy Rare Earth metals continues. But the company underwriting the share placement and rights issue has wisely asked for a deferment (until the AUD goes down and they have to pay less for their shares)

But realistically, it seems that this company wants to see the project go ahead and they will have control. Can they take over....I think the gov't won't allow it. In fact I am surprised that they are allowing Conglin to get such a big % as it is....but then perhaps the project would not go ahead. I would have thought that Lynas would have stepped up to the plate for more shares if the project were so good. In fact I am surprised that they haven't. .... as , unless Duncan deposit (lynas) can provide their missing Heavy RARE Earths, then NTU would perhaps contribute to their needs.

any comments out their? I hold , having bought end of June.

Merc

filter48
post Posted: Mar 22 2012, 03:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kelpie's post @ Mar 21 2012, 10:08 PM

Kelpie

Looking so good- but I sold my holding to pickup NWE for next3-4mths and intend to get back into NTU asap- am aware that production is some time yet', and the plan is to get back in on whatever a low is by the time NWE has done me well at least that's the plan. Am fully loaded on LYC, GBG, NEU, DYL as my longtermers- 2-3yrs- so funds are low. I am bullish on NTU as they have a really great future so will be watching them like a hawke. Chihawke from that other forum! is a big believer of NTU also and is sidelined till things get moving a bit more.
Filter48

Said 'Thanks' for this post: kelpie  

kelpie
post Posted: Mar 21 2012, 10:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: filter48's post @ Jan 18 2012, 03:11 PM

Haven't been here for a while but, FYI This one may be worth looking at closely now. Recent developments include.......

_ directors increasing holdings
_ John Galt results outstanding
_ Browns Range results better than expected
_ management moved in across from ARU
_ Dudley Kingsnorth. REE Expert, appointed to Board
_ recent CR increases likelihood funding secure to 2nd half JORC and offtake partners
_ good interest from offtake partners to secure supply. Company in no rush to sign
- China moving to restrict export of HREE'
- company having taken roadshow post CR to Hong Kong
_ Conglin Yue ( read China) has increased holding
_ LYC maintaining major shareholding (7%)
_ Dysprosium strategic/defence metal to remain in continued undersupply

More information..... see Raremetalblog

DYOR but don't say I didn't tell you!

filter48
post Posted: Jan 18 2012, 03:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kelpie's post @ Jan 18 2012, 07:02 AM

kelpie
NTU like many shares is undervalued and vgood buying as a long termer. John Galt announcement 11/1/12 nice and possitive. Be good to see LYC take a bigger stake but thier focas at the moment has to be the startup of Malayian plant production - maybe see some more interest in 12-18mths from them. Hot Cop has a lot more to say on NTU
FILTER48

kelpie
post Posted: Jan 18 2012, 07:02 AM
  Quote Post

Strangely, all interest here evaporated but since October some great news. Soon to break out for SP re-rating IMO. Topping up at these prices. Bauk has done same. Good three-year prospect to production.

filter48
post Posted: Oct 12 2011, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: filter48's post @ Jul 28 2011, 06:57 AM

Topped up on NTU today @0.465 to add to my LT - Also have done 3 more buys LT on LYC add to existing - can't believe i was ever able to buy LYC at the prices in the last 2 wks, better than money in the bank for the next 1-3yrs. Still expect NTU to be targeted for a take over in next yr or two for their HREE stocks future potential. Have balls of steel - get well positioned and have patience if your a long termer.
Filter48

filter48
post Posted: Jul 28 2011, 06:57 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kelpie's post @ Jul 26 2011, 11:07 PM

Kelpie
Chihawke on HC posting dated 27th at 02:18 is quite informative - his posts worth a look- trading halt should be all possitve -both LYC+NTU had a good lift next 48hrs critical for all of us. Very bullish on LYC+NTU
Filter48

ps Add to that his posting of 28th 01:44

kelpie
post Posted: Jul 26 2011, 11:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: filter48's post @ Jul 26 2011, 04:47 PM

Hi Filter,
Here is a quote from Raremetalblog which appears to be a bit of an American -centric ramp for Bokan's heavies in a piece pointing to the importance of heavies as compared to lights. It might be instructive to compare NTU's grades to those quoted here. Upcoming drill results obviously extremely pertinent but perhaps the breakout today may have been preciptated in part by this blog piece. It might just continue in anticipation of the results expected in August.

"Bokan Mountain has an independent NI 43-101 compliant inferred resource estimate of 3.7 million tonnes grading 0.75% total rare earth oxide (TREO) at a .5% cut-off. Approximately 39% of the TREO consists of heavy rare earth oxides (HREO). It's also exceptionally rich in dysprosium, a critical heavy rare earth component of magnets used in hybrid vehicles and wind turbines."

filter48
post Posted: Jul 26 2011, 04:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kelpie's post @ Jun 17 2011, 11:36 AM

NTU up 18% today and still got drill results on very possibly the largest HREE find in the world - with LYNAS owning a good stake in them. Watch this co go thru the roof with a good announcement. LYC up as well today
Filter48

11 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING