Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Important Notice For All Members - ShareScene Is Moving

Reply to this topic

BAF, BLUE SKY ALTERNATIVES ACCESS FUND LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Dec 7 2018, 01:34 PM
  Quote Post

one way to spin it:
The BAF board has received the attached letter from WAM in respect of WAM’s proposal to be appointed as manager of BAF.

As previously announced, the newly constituted board of BAF is working towards finalising BAF’s investment manager arrangements.

As part of that process the BAF board will have due regard to this latest correspondence received from WAM.
Nil premium, but at least some continuity for investors. SP perked up on the news that the dancecard has a slot still.

and continuing with the daily share buyback - even when it ran up to 95c a share.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Nov 29 2018, 09:05 AM
  Quote Post

BAF independent non-executive directors have received a letter from Pinnacle Investment Management

Group Limited (ASX: PNI) advising that as a result of recent developments Alterum Investment

Management Pty Ltd (Alterum) is no longer seeking to be appointed as manager of BAF.
- door open for Wilson?

............... AGM today :=> board spill??

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Nov 26 2018, 03:56 PM
  Quote Post

The stoush for control of the $200 million Blue Sky Alternatives Access Fund has escalated, with Geoff Wilson, whose proposal to take over as manager was spurned in favour of Pinnacle Investment Management, demanding investors vote against the re-election of the listed company's directors.

In a letter circulated to major shareholders, Mr Wilson's Wilson Asset Management take aim at a significant increase in directors' fees — from $140,000 to $250,000 — that Blue Sky Alternatives Access Fund is putting to its annual general meeting on Thursday.

Geoff Wilson has recommended shareholders block the re-election of Blue Sky Alternatives Access Fund's directors. He urges shareholders also vote against the re-election of directors Paul Masi and Peter Wade.

Pinnacle's move to take over as the fund's manager from Blue Sky Alternative Investments is being supported by the Access Fund's former chairman Andrew Champion.

A vote is due in mid-December, with Mr Wilson's proposal not being put to shareholders...
any premium, Geoff?

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 16 2018, 08:32 AM
  Quote Post

Elsewhere in the Blue Sky empire, continuity is the order of the day. Unitholders in the Blue Sky Alternatives Access Fund (BAF) are being asked to consider passing on the management of their LIC to a new vehicle, majority-held by Pinnacle Investment Management, to be called Alterum.

But almost a third of new management company will be owned by those currently tasked with managing BAF, including its just-resigned executive chairman Andrew Champion. He's currently roadshowing the whole shebang, and will own a full quarter of Alterum post-EGM (and become one of its directors), while portfolio analyst Adam Sharplin will own another 5 per cent. Both have been employees since the LIC's inception, including in FY18 when performance was, according to the LIC, "disappointing and below expectations".

Clearly they believe in second chances at Blue Sky. Though we do wonder if their unitholders do too ...
AFR

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 13 2018, 11:45 AM
  Quote Post

Peter Scanlon,Chris Corrigan and Sam Kaplan are using a vehicle called Aware Water to run their bid - according to AFR Street Talk
Heavyweights to step up the water torture on Blue Sky fund
It's understood Aware will call on shareholders to block a plan by Blue Sky Alternative Access Fund to install a new manager which would be more costly to shareholders, with Aware expected to call on investors to liquidate the LIC. That means, upon a wind-up of the LIC, Aware would purchase the water assets at book value.

https://www.afr.com/street-talk/heavyweight...20181111-h17s27

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Nov 9 2016, 09:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 18 2016, 09:58 AM

48% take-up of rights @ $1.10

- BAF has to date received strong indications of demand for the 22,090,078 New Shares available under the Shortfall Facility.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 18 2016, 09:58 AM
  Quote Post

BAF has a 1 for 3 non-renounceable entitlement at $1.10 to raise $47mill

There is a top up facility, and usual suspects there to hoover up scraps. Can buy on market today to gain exposure (trading around 1.15)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 4 2016, 02:52 PM
  Quote Post

BAF - Holds equity in Readify Pty Ltd, a leading Australian IT-services company focused on application development and platform deployment in the Microsoft environment.

Telstra has acquired Melbourne-based IT consultancy Readify as the telco continues to add to its Network and Services portfolio. The financial details of the deal haven't been disclosed but the telco said that the Readify will provide an additional platform for it to drive digital transformation for its enterprise customers.

"Readify will provide application development and data analytics services, nicely complementing Kloud's existing services," Telstra Executive Director Global Enterprise and Services, Michelle Bendschneider, said. "As we know, apps and software in general are playing an increasingly important role in businesses. Readify is recognised globally for its innovative software solutions and will further help us create software-led digital transformations with our customers," Ms Bendschneider said.
Readify employs around 200 staff across major Australian cities, including 160 software developers.

- the BAF stake was on the books at $2.5mill; also BLA would have a share in its Venture Capital Fund (and has been there as an early investor since 2013). There was talk of IPO to the market this year .... clearly TLS made a better offer.

--------------------

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Jul 29 2015, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

Added by request:

Blue Sky Alterantives Access Fund Limted (BAF)

Regards,

ShareScene Admin

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING