Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Important Notice For All Members - ShareScene Is Moving

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CHK, COHIBA MINERALS LIMITED
stockman
post Posted: Dec 7 2018, 06:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: stockman's post @ Dec 7 2018, 05:56 AM

12 May 2017

BOS Global sells interest in once-exciting Olympic Dam mining asset

The asset, which was almost sold in 2012 to BHP Billiton for A$3m though the deal did not complete as the FTSE 100 giant grew concerned about falling copper prices, was written off "after consideration of several factors including that the group had not undertaken recent significant exploration activity, has not planned or budgeted to carry out significant exploration activity".

In October 2015 Forte said it was finalising plans for an initial work programme at the Olympic Dam project, incorporating a low cost gravity survey followed by the completion of a single 800m vertical core drill hole to test the gravity target at depth, as at that point only one drill hole had been completed into the Horse Well target but importantly failed to test the margin and centre of
the gravity anomaly, "the most likely position for a higher grade haematite rich core", having found 235 metres of copper mineralized drill core averaging 0.11% copper that was felt to be "an exceptional drilling result [that] could easily represent the peripherals to a larger mineralised system associated with the untested gravity anomaly".

https://uk.webfg.com/news/aim-bulletin/bos-...t--2669068.html

stockman
post Posted: Dec 7 2018, 05:56 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 4 2018, 09:37 AM

so you like CHK mate? a lot to look forward to that's for sure.

https://www.wattelectricalnews.com/NEWS/Cop...pper-find/46983

Copper grades at triple the last major discovery in SA could signal major new copper find

28 Nov, 2018,

BHP has made a copper discovery described as both “pretty amazing” and “the most phenomenal drill hit anywhere in the world in many years’’, raising hopes that another major mine will be developed in South Australia.....

The company is emphasising that the discovery, at a prospect called Oak Dam, is “at an early stage and there is currently insufficient geological information to assess the size, quality and continuity of the mineralised intersections’’.

But the intersection of copper grades of more than 6 per cent over a length of 180m were described by PAC Partners senior analyst Andrew Shearer as “pretty amazing’’.

David Upton, who wrote the definitive history of the discovery of the Olympic Dam deposit – now the world’s largest polymetallic deposit with a mine life of potentially another 100 years – said: “This is the most phenomenal drill hit anywhere in the world in many years.

“BHP might be making cautious statements about the discovery, but the fact they felt obliged to release this news says it all.

“This discovery is so good it could be material to the share price of the world’s biggest miner.

“As a discovery hole, it even dwarfs Olympic Dam, which announced itself in 1976 when drill hole RD10 assayed 170m at 2.12 per cent copper.’’

While the discovery is at a depth of about 1000m, OZ Minerals’ $916 million Carrapateena mine, being built 45km to the southeast of Oak Dam, is being developed at depths of about 500m and mining at these depths is feasible.

“The economic benefits will start flowing to South Australia right away as BHP sends a fleet of rigs in early 2019 to drill more holes into the massive discovery,'' Mr Upton said.

BHP said drilling would start again early in 2019, and typically, assays from such drilling would be tested later the same year.

Mr Shearer said the SA Outback had long been considered to have great potential.

Forte Energy (LON:FTE) said initial work after its recently acquired controlling stake at the Olympic Domain project in Australia, will centre on the Horse Well target, which it described as "exceptional".

A hole sunk by Western Mining Corp in 1982 hit 235 metres of copper mineralised drill core averaging 0.11% copper, which could represent the edge of a larger system, it said.

"The Horse Well Target remains one of the few high quality magnetic and gravity anomalies that remain to be drill tested in the world class Olympic Dam copper/uranium province," said Forte.

https://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/compa...ject-62485.html

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 4 2018, 09:37 AM
  Quote Post

Another BHP (Oak Dam) nearology play who is receiving market attention and is"accelerating exploration in response to BHP discovery"

SP has risen substantially from 0.005 before the BHP ann to a high of 0.026 after - currently 0.018c.

Not surprisingly CHK in a TH this morning pending an announcement "in relation to a material capital raising". $1.3mil in kitty as at last Qtrly, with $490k estimated outflows
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

valinvestor
post Posted: Apr 26 2016, 09:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: melua's post @ Apr 22 2016, 04:19 PM

Mate, Pat Volpe and Polarity B substantial holders here.

Also the same jewish guys that were once in bed with the above-named in BML, QUR and BSN
Anything Avi Kimmelman touches turns to sheet............it is all a big pump and dump.
Just look at QUR - they had this Logitag next best rubbish - I don't believe it was ever going to materialise.

If you are smart, in my opinion best to trade this with tight stops.

Lithium is all the rage but 95% of all these explorers will amount to nothing.

JMT

Said 'Thanks' for this post: peterlnb  cooderman  melua  

Elliott
post Posted: Apr 22 2016, 04:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: melua's post @ Apr 22 2016, 04:19 PM

Yes, investor's offloaded to the wanabees day traders who are all now holding at a substantial loss. An example of the "smart money" saying thank you to the sheepeople.

--------------------
My posts are for discussion and educational value only. They are not to be construed as advice in any way.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: melua  

melua
post Posted: Apr 22 2016, 04:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Apr 22 2016, 03:53 PM

Classic pump and dump. All they announced was an OPTION to buy tenements. Hopeful that lithium is there. blink.gif Talk about getting on the latest "hot stock" bandwagon. Looked like an ideal pump for stale long termers to dump!

arty
post Posted: Apr 22 2016, 03:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: melua's post @ Apr 22 2016, 10:27 AM

well done smile.gif
The Market completely agrees with you.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: melua  

melua
post Posted: Apr 22 2016, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Apr 22 2016, 09:59 AM

Big chance the insiders are selling. No way this is worth more than 3c...... and yes I am out.

arty
post Posted: Apr 22 2016, 09:59 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Elliott's post @ Apr 22 2016, 06:20 AM

Mentioning the L-word.
Like scores of wannabes in recent days and weeks.
Usually followed by capital raising and profit taking.

At this pace, Li will be the next bubble after REO and graphite.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Elliott
post Posted: Apr 22 2016, 06:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: melua's post @ Mar 18 2016, 02:25 PM

Something was in the pipeline alright. Fingers crossed it's a good announcement. Charts mean nothing on this stock so over to the Fundamentalists.

--------------------
My posts are for discussion and educational value only. They are not to be construed as advice in any way.

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING